Here in the northern mid-latitudes (much of Canada and the US, Europe, and the northern half of Asia) our weather is governed by the jet stream. This high-altitude wind current, flowing rapidly from west to east, separates cold Arctic air (to the north) from warmer temperate air (to the south). So on a given day, if you're north of the jet stream, the weather will probably be cold; if you're to the south, it will probably be warm; and if the jet stream is passing over you, you're likely to get rain or snow.
- Difference between The Mail and The Guardian's take on UCL migration study
- Severe Weather Warning Issued for South of England
- Andrew Montford and the BBC News
- A Fashionable Climate Model
- Climate tax off table - Bravo
- Science and Distortion
- Science and Instinct
- Value-free science?
- Climate Science is the ultimate 'Revenge of the Nerds'
- The denial of and refusal to... | Culture of Resistance
Blogs I Follow
- 350 Climate Change Actions
- The Rational Pessimist (formerly Climate and Risk)
- Fire Earth
- Awareness of Climate change through Education and Research
- Greenhouse Bullcrap
- Daily Browse
- Climate Etc.
- Clive Best
- Clive Best
- Applied Sentience
- Bob Tisdale - Climate Observations
Posts I Like
- a return to cheap and reliable … and recognizing the real agenda wp.me/p2I6MG-1APressed 3 weeks ago
- Toward Improved Discussions of Methane & Climate wp.me/p2I7Lw-cuPressed 4 months ago
- . wp.me/s2I7Lw-777 fb.me/13Q6CVnP5Pressed 4 months ago
- . wp.me/s2I7Lw-777Pressed 4 months ago
- U.S. Senate Hearings: Pro-AGW Experts Confirm Obama Lied About Global Warming wp.me/p2I7Lw-cvPressed 4 months ago
- U.S. Senate Hearings: Pro-AGW Experts Confirm Obama Lied About Global Warming fb.me/2dxYn70hWPressed 4 months ago
- Another two reviews of Climate Change Denial wp.me/p2I7Lw-csPressed 4 months ago