— Judith Curry (@curryja) November 27, 2018
Twitter thread summarizing my report on Sea Level and Climate Change
This report reflects 18 months of work on this topic. Why have I devoted so much time to the sea level rise issue? First, I regard sea level rise to be the most consequential potential impact of predicted global warming. Second, there is a great deal of public confusion about the issue, including decision makers. Third, a number of CFAN’s clients have queried me about a range of specific concerns that they have regarding sea level rise (and I have been doing consulting on this topic).
Why do I think an independent assessment of the sea level rise issue by yours truly is needed, given the plethora of international and national assessment reports? My clients are concerned about the alarmist predictions they have encountered. I have seen various ‘experts’ make public statements projecting 21stcentury sea level to be as high as 9 m [30 feet]. My clients are looking for someone that they trust to provide an objective assessment that focuses on their issues of concern.
I am not a published expert on sea level rise, although I have published some relevant papers in oceanography and the climate dynamics of the polar regions. What I bring to this assessment is a broader perspective on the issues of climate dynamics, climate modeling and uncertainty than most of the community working on the sea level rise issue. In any event, it is arguably useful for a knowledgeable person outside of the publishing sea level community to provide an independent assessment.
- Trash back!
- The Peculiar Blindness of Experts
- Week in review – science edition
- Special Report on Sea Level Rise
- Solar Power hits the death spiral vertical rise in Australia
- President Trump is not attacking climate science.
- Grand Solar Minimum weather extremes (China)
- The Summer of 1988
- Temperature Adjustments
- the world’s first hydrogen-powered train
Blogs I Follow
- Climate Audit
- Climate Etc.
- The Energy Factbook.
- Patrick T. Brown, PhD
- Climate Collections
- Iowa Climate Science Education
- Science Matters
- Clive Best
- Thongchai Thailand
- Watts Up With That?
- Justice in Conflict
- Standard Climate
- Kalonji Malik Perry
- TED Blog
- Climate Feminist
- Revolución Alimentaria
- President Trump: Demanding The Closure of Live Animal Markets in China - Sign the Petition! chng.it/dKcL9tDG via @ChangePressed 1 year ago
- RT @curryja: "Our results support the existence of a European Holocene Thermal Maximum and data-model temperature discrepancies." https://t…Pressed 1 year ago
- RT @JoanneNova: For forty years in the coal era Australian electricity prices fell. Then bureaucrats took over, renewables grew, and so did…Pressed 1 year ago
- RT @JoanneNova: Australia is the Renewable Crash Test Dummy of the world. Per capita we're installing unreliable generators 2 x rate of Ge…Pressed 1 year ago
- This Ice Age Started at the Poles after the Holocene Climate Optimum 8–10.5 Millennia Ago Page 42-46 “... the clima… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Pressed 1 year ago
- Blobs 500 times the size of Earth are being burped from the sun cnet.co/2v6t2UM via @CNETPressed 1 year ago